There Are Many Reasons To Hire A Real Estate Agent – And No Reason Not To!
Oftentimes, people think that a real estate agent is an unnecessary indulgence. You are just buying property after all; it’s not rocket science! For my money however, I would go with a real estate agent every time – and as someone who has decades of experience and hundreds of properties as investment, I’d say I know what I'm talking about!
There are 5 reasons why involving a real estate agent is a great idea.
- Expertise – In the real estate space, market insight counts for a lot. It tells you where to buy property, when to buy, the sort of documentation required. A real estate agent is basically someone to show you the ropes so that you don’t end up making some very expensive newbie mistakes. This is very important when you're buying a home as an investment; something that you hope will increase in value over the years. The agent is aware of current market trends, whether a particular region is growing or stagnating, and will be able to make educated predictions.
- Contacts – They work in the area and in the real estate space so they have all the right contacts with the builders, with property managers, and so on. This can ease a lot of processes for you; smoothen your path so to speak. The personal equation a real estate agent has with these people could even get you a better deal in some cases.
- Local knowledge – This one is especially important if you're living in one corner of the country and investing in a whole other corner thousands of miles away. Now you definitely need someone with insight and contacts, who will guide you about local regulations and so on. If you're looking to have your property start to generate a passive income in the form of rent, this local knowledge comes in very handy.
- Experience – As a professional you're surely good at your job. This is because you have training and knowledge, and you have done it for a while. In the real estate space as well, on-the-job experience is invaluable. Wise counsel from a seasoned, experienced real estate professional could make the difference between a great investment and a dud.
- It is free – Also, what reason could you possibly have not to hire a real estate agent? You're not going out of pocket on this; you pay nothing. It is the seller who will be paying, so there is really no reason not to involve a real estate agent in the process.
Finally of course, it is your call whether you want to use the services of a real estate agent or not. For my money, I would absolutely use the services of such an expert. Not only would I save myself a lot of headaches, I even stand a chance of getting better deals because of the collective bargaining power some of these guys have! Reach out to us to know more about our expo events or services, or if you have any questions.